Monique Huneault Paintings of light, depth and transparency
(Click an image for larger view and details)
Monique currently lives in Gatineau, Quebec. She discovered watercolour in 1988 while travelling to the USA. Since then she has never stopped exploring the media. For several years Monique was self-taught but has since enrolled in watercolour courses with Canadian and International artists. Abstracting the Landscape with artist Marc Gagnon and Claire Labrosse’s course Painting Watercolour on Acid Free Tissue Paper inspired her among other things. These approaches give her ‘shapes just waiting to be worked on’ and allows her to be more spontaneous and less realistic.
What dominates in Monique’s works are textures, recall of colours, movements, perspective where the eye circulates through lines, shapes and the white of the paper. The paintings are filled with light, depth and transparency. Monique mainly focuses on landscapes, often accompanied by bodies of water. These are essential for the human beings. In addition, Monique also paints watercolour in the traditional way.
Monique was recognized as a professional artist in 2012 by le Regroupement des artistes en arts visuels du Québec (RAAVQ) and as a Fellow by the Ottawa Watercolour Society (OWS) in 2014 and by her peers on several occasions.
Her awards are:
- Judge’s Choice Award at the 72nd Juried Exhibition, Ottawa Watercolour Society, Galeria Old Chelsea (2016)
- Award of Excellence 1st Watercolour (Nepean Fine Arts League Annual Awards Exhibition) 2018
- NFAL Spring Sale 2017 – People’s Choice Third Place
- NFAL Spring Sale 2018 – People’s Choice Third Place
- NFAL Fall Sale 2018 – People’s Choice Third Place
To learn more about Monique’s art visit her website or contact her: