A paint-together program every Saturday afternoon, starting September 23, 2023
ACP MEMBERS ONLY – membership only $25 – Go Here to Join
This is a fun way to socialize with other artists, while painting. All skill levels can enjoy this ‘arty’ time together. Painting is often very solitary, so this is your chance to get in a shared studio setting. This is an unstructured event, with no instruction other than the opportunity to share and discuss ideas or challenges with your work. There is no sign-up or commitment, just show up at the regular time with your painting kit, table cover and canvas.
Cost – FREE
Every Saturday afternoon 12:30-3:30pm (Fall to Spring)
2023-24 Schedule – Sept 23, 2023 to May, 25, 2024
No session – Dec 23rd or Dec 30th
50 Bennett St, Carleton Place, Ontario –
‘Sarah Moffat ART’ Studio & Gallery
An unstructured gathering to paint (and socialize).
No formal instruction. All skill level welcome.
Things to Consider Bringing
- Table covering
- Table easel (if you use one) or floor easel for larger canvases
- Canvas, watercolour paper or whatever you paint on
- Brushes, palette knives, pastel pencils or whatever you work with
- Paints, mediums, (nothing too messy that might spill on the floor)
- Painting palette
- Water spray bottle for acrylics
- Clothes or ‘blue’ shop towels
- Container for water (acrylics – yogurt tubs work well)
- Sketch pad
- painting ‘reference’ photo
What is Provided
2′ x 4′ table (or equivalent space) and chair.
Kitchen for water access, sink for washup.
- Bring in-door shoes in winter or wet days
- No paint on floors or tables
- Leave no mess
- Keep kitchen clean
- Tables and chairs to be setup at start and put away at end of session
- Give advice on art only when invited
- Feel free to ask advice when artists walk around
- Have fun